From the mailbag:
Call for Nominations: The 2017 Ronald Coase Best Dissertation Award
The Society for Institutional and Organizational Economics (SIOE) currently awards prizes in institutional and organizational economics, named after the four Nobel Prize winners closely linked to our society. The details of the nomination and selection procedures are available on the SIOE website https://www.sioe.org/sioe-awards.
The call for nominations for The Ronald Coase Best Dissertation Award is now open.
The Ronald H. Coase Dissertation Award:
* Anyone may nominate a dissertation.
* Candidates will be asked to submit a 5 page abstract and have sent (under separate cover) a letter from an advisor or Ph.D. committee member explaining the contribution of the dissertation.
* The Award Committee will review entries and choose a shortlist of finalists. Finalists will be required to submit their full dissertation, from which the Committee will choose a winner
* To be eligible, the PhD would have to be awarded in the calendar years 2015 or 2016
* The result will be announced at the SIOE meeting in June
* Deadline for submission is April 30th.
* Submissions should be sent to the chair of the Coase Award committee, Joanne Oxley, at firstname.lastname@example.org